Alzheimer’s Australia (Qld) is the only Queensland member of the national peak body for dementia; Alzheimer’s Australia.
Our Vision is for a society committed to the prevention of dementia, while valuing and supporting people living with dementia.
Our Purpose is to inspire hope through connecting, informing and empowering Queenslanders affected by dementia.
We do this by providing leadership, information, education and support for people with dementia, their families and carers. We also work to raise awareness and understanding of dementia in the broader community, and promote the importance of good brain health.
Click here to view our Strategic Plan.
Alzheimer's Australia (Qld) offers a wide range of services including:
- The National Dementia Helpline 1800 100 500
- Free community information sessions
- Subsidised education and training programs for family carers and people who work in aged care, respite and community care sectors
- Special programs for people with early stage dementia
- Personalised support and counselling for people with dementia and their families
- Support groups for people living with dementia
- A varied program of activities and events.